Welcome to our homepage and let us share with you our adventures

Philippines 2009 Organising repairs

On the way back I contacted Westmarine to mention the problem. They answered me that talking to their technician I have to contact Raymarine. I asked for an email address they gave me.

As soon we were in Cell phone range I sent an email and as it was weekend I only got an answer from Raymarine UK Monday morning inviting me to contact Raymarine Asia. They gave me two contact numbers, one in Singapore, the other in Australia.

Singapore email address is: TG.Khoo@raymarine.com
Australia email address is: Tom.Green@raymarine.com

I decided to go for Singapore remembering that it went very fast when I sent my wind unit.
The technician from Singapore was useless, he wanted me to make custom connections with cables I didn’t have on board to measure voltages drops and see what happens.

My answer was strait, and I told them there is no way that I touch a product under warranty. He can do it in his lab if he wants, but not me on the yacht.
If the product would have been out of warranty yes no problems, and his suggestion was smart.
I asked them to give me an address where to send the unit.
I got answered to send the autopilot to Australia.
It was Thursday morning and quickly we posted the display and computer box via Fedex this time.

We also had to fill a paper called Certificate of Identification to have the product re entering the Philippines duty free (DHL was sending us to a lawyer for this point).
Every thing went smooth apart the fact that next day was Labour Day and then weekend. We got told that it will take 4 working days. Following the tracking number it is expected to arrive May 6th.

Wait and see. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment