Welcome to our homepage and let us share with you our adventures

NZ, April 2010 Dockland 5

While Pui was in Thailand, I went back to Whangarei to hall out the yacht at Dockland 5 for the usual underwater maintenance and also some above water maintenance.
I changed the windows on the side of the roof. It was two days of hard work to take of 8 pieces. 3 of them where leaking and of course the one over the chat table.

Peter from Woodglass made a magnificent job using the car windscreen technology.

The first time he came to put windows in place, than we let the 3mm thick seal cure for 3 days and the second time he came to make the joints around the glass, he works like an artist.


The goose neck of the exhaust system in SS was worn, probably 25 years old. It was not possible to change it with a standard one, so Northern Marine Machining made an efficient job and it was easy to make the change in the confined place.

The rudder needed some TLC (tender loving care, he had a hole from the unexpected encounter with a reef. Andréa fixed it in no time.

Most of the work was to sand down the old antifouling, prime the surface and go for 3 new coats.

Finally some hull cleaning and polishing. I had very heavy arms.

2 weeks later I was back in the water ready to sail down to Auckland to pickup Pui at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment