We had to apply a visa for Pui to enter New Zealand. My self, I get 3 month on arrival. For Pui we could only apply for the 10th of April because her passport expires the 10th of July. Your passport must still be valid at least 3 month after departure of the country. No problem I said, we’ll have plenty of time to apply for a new passport in NZ.
Remember, time flies.
NZ Immigration asks to apply for an extension of your visa one month before expiry. As we entered NZ January 5th, for me we had to apply for the extension latest 5th of March and for Pui 10th of March.I called NZ Immigration to ask if it’s possible to apply for a visa extension with a new passport on way to be established. We got a knife sharp answer, No! And she has to leave the country before expiry of her visa. What a frustration.
So I organized a flight ticket to Bangkok for Pui to have a new passport done. For the records, she got her new passport in 3 days, and 10 days to get a new visa to reenter NZ.
She was happy to see her family and spend Song Kran (water festival) with them.
For my self, I was in time to apply for a 3month extension.


No comments:
Post a Comment